Sunday, August 1, 2010

Nyxen Has Melina From Reading Vacation On The Blog

Today is our last day of Fairy Tale Week. :D To kick off the ending of this amazing week I have Melina from Reading Vacation who has so kindly interviewed an author. Let's go Melina!

--------------------

THE GOOSE GIRL
By: Shannon Hale
Summary from Goodreads
She can whisper to horses and communicate with birds, but the crown princess Ani has a difficult time finding her place in the royal family and measuring up to her imperial mother. When she is shipped off to a neighboring kingdom as a bride, her scheming entourage mounts a bloody mutiny to replace her with a jealous lady-in-waiting, Selia, and to allow an inner circle of guards more power in the new land. Barely escaping with her life, Ani disguises herself as a goose girl and wanders on the royal estate. Does she have the pluck to reclaim her rightful place? Get ready for a fine adventure tale full of danger, suspense, surprising twists, and a satisfying conclusion.

INTERVIEW WITH ANI

Q Some fortunate people in your land have been blessed with one of three magical gifts. These gifts are people speaking, animal speaking, and nature speaking. Which gift do you think is most valuable?

A I think nature speaking is most valuable because it allows you to learn the secrets that nature holds dear. The person who is blessed with this most powerful gift must be trusted to use it wisely.

Q What animal is your favorite to communicate with?

A May I choose two? My favorite would be a tie between the swan and the goose. The swan was the first animal that spoke to me. I learned about the swan’s struggle as it matures into a graceful adult. The geese taught me that they are noble fighters and they are fiercely loyal.

Q Who is your BFF?

A Oh that’s easy. Enna is my very best girlfriend. I trusted her with my secret and she did not let me down. She also has an awesome personality and can make me laugh.

Q How is your relationship with your mother these days?

A We remain distant, but I have forgiven her for the past. She thought she was doing the right thing for the kingdom when she sent me away. In the end, being forced to leave was the best thing that could have ever happened to me.

Q Is there a lesson to be learned from your story?

A Your true friends will stick by you no matter what.

--------------------

Thank you, Melina, for taking the time to do this! You can catch her at Reading Vacation and you can find more information about Shannon Hale at her official website.

That wraps it up! How did you guys like this? I hope you had a fun this week. I'll mostly be back by either tonight or tomorrow morning. :D

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for inviting me to guest post. Hope your vacation is fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to comment! I would love to hear your opinions about this blog!