Thursday, January 6, 2011

Nyxen's Review of "The Samantha Granger Experiment: Fused"

The Samantha Granger Experiment: Fused by Kari Lee Townsend
208 Pages
Sourcebook Jabberwocky
November 1, 2010

When you make a face or cross your eyes, do you parents tease that if you're not careful, your face might stay that way FOREVER?

Well, my parents said that if I'm not careful, I'll turn into one of my gadgets.

I thought they were joking, people!

But-somehow,someway-I have become a living, breathing, walking piece of technology. Apparently my head now has a built-in GPS and my palm is equipped with a talking and texting capabilities-just like my cell phone!

Now I'm a techno-superhero with powers that seem to have a mind of their own. Any, in my case, keeping a secret identity is harder than it sounds. I short-circuit every time Trevor Hamilton looks my way.

Like Being a girl isn't stressful enough.


This book was phenomenally hilarious. I was at the edge of my seat, waiting to see what was going to happen. Samantha Granger was cute, funny and very much a kid/teen that I adored.

Samantha is a regular teenage girl who is starting eighth grade. All she wants are friends, a regular life and her first kiss to be with Trevor Hamilton. She's walking home, a little lost, when she runs into a meteorite type of thing in the middle of the woods. Her "regular" life as she knows it is over as her mega-technologic phone, the Electro Wave, is fused into her.

She is now the town's superhero but no one considers her an actual superhero. They think she's behind everything bad that suddenly has happened in her town. Not only is has she gained some power, she has also become very intelligent, thanks to the power of the internet in her head. And now Trevor Hamilton has noticed her. And everytime he does somthing to Samantha, her hormones get out of control which evidentaly controls her powers.

Kari Townsend has a quirky sense of humor and writing style. I spend at least three days reading this novel because I didn't want it to end. The most heart-warming, actual teeneage relateable life(besides the fantasy portion of it) best novel I've read in 2010. Just because it isn't YA doesn't mean I can't love it. :D

I rate this novel Five Stars.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to comment! I would love to hear your opinions about this blog!