I'm not back but I do have some tour promises i need to fulfill.
Today I have Jess C. Scott, author of The Other Side of Life, on the blog! :D Let's all welcome her!
Music is a huge influence and inspiration to me! Here is a list of songs that I associate
with The Other Side of Life [Book #1 in the (Cyberpunk) Elven Trilogy].
Songs that influenced the book:
1. The Chemical Brothers – Three Little Birdies Down Beats (for the cyberpunk/
futuristic/magical texture / when they’re about to travel on the elves’ train network)
2. Maidens of the Celtic Harp (for the Celtic/Elven charm! While Nin and Anya are
having a meal in the elves’ underground abode)
3. Linkin Park – The Catalyst (for the ‘emotional’ components)
4. Nine Inch Nails – That’s What I Get (during a nihilistic moment where Anya ponders
on why life is always cruel to idealistic dreamers)
5. Johann Strauss II – The Blue Danube (a famous classical waltz, when Anya and Nin
have a dance together)
Other songs I listened to while writing:
6. Nine Inch Nails – Year Zero (the album brings to mind a futuristic dystopia, which
mostly goes in line with a cyberpunk theme)
7. Vivaldi – Autumn Allegro (from ‘The Four Seasons’—good for tension, and a prompt
8. Kevin MacLeod – Darkness is Coming (I used this song for the book’s trailer @ http://
9. Michael Jackson – They Don’t Care About Us (great song by MJ)
10. Se7en – Digital Bounce (a ‘hi-tech’, upbeat kind of song by a very talented Korean
popstar. Features in Anya’s playlist, briefly mentioned in one chapter)
Jess identifies herself as an author/artist/non-conformist. Her literary work has appeared
in a diverse range of publications, such as Word Riot, ITCH Magazine, and The Battered
Suitcase. She is currently working on several multiple-genre-crossing projects, including
her trilogy featuring cyberpunk elves.
Blip.fm (music playlist): www.blip.fm/jesscscott
There you have it! Hope you all enjoyed it and have a great day!