Monday, May 17, 2010

Nyxen's Review of "Reincarnation"


Reincarnation By Suzanne Weyn

It starts in prehistory. A young man and a young woman fight over a precious jewel. Their time together is short, but the reverberations are lasting. The attractions they feel is eternal.

Years pass. Generations pass. Centuries pass. But fate keeps drawing them together. Whenever their paths cross, there is that strange attractions. That unexplainable affinity. That feeling that they've been together before, even if they can't remember when and they don't understand how.

Theirs is a love haunted by history. From Egyptian slavery to Greek society. From Massachusetts witch trials to Civil War battlefields. From Paris in the 1930s to the present day. Circumstances will fight them... but a greater force will reunite them. Because some people are meant for each other - no matter how long it takes.


Let me tell you a little story about this book. It has been sitting in my bookshelf for about two-going on three-years, untouched. Remember those Scholastic Book Orders we got in elementary and middle school? Well, that's where I bought it, in seventh grade. I bought it because of the amazing cover. There's nothing special about it but just seeing the two lovers leaning into a kiss made my heart flutter. I thought it was going to be an epic love story. And, it sort of was.

Reincarnation is a historical novel about a man and a woman that takes place throughout time. It starts off in prehistoric times and gradually makes its way to present day, 2007. From the day these two lovers crossed paths in prehistory, they were destined for each other. Along with this man and woman reincarnating, a precious emerald jewel always happens to pop up too. Throughout the novel we see the young man and woman try to become something more but they're always facing obstacles, causing them to die. I didn't know what to expect from this book even though it's been out for quite some time.

Suzanne Weyn is a very intelligent writer and this book was very good but I was expecting something more. The plot caught my attention but only for a short time. At some points I got so confused that I didn't know who was who anymore. The descriptions were magnificent but the story was a little blah. It went at a very slow pace and all I wanted to do was get to the end. Towards the middle of the book there wasn't anything special.

Something I did like about this book was that you can learn dates and certain events that happen. Of course, nothing beats a real history book. I wouldn't recommend it but only if you have nothing to read.

I rate this Three Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to comment! I would love to hear your opinions about this blog!