Monday, October 18, 2010

Nyxen's Review of "Stargazer"

Stargazer by Claudia Gray
329 Pages
HarperTeen 2009

THE VAMPIRE IN ME WAS CLOSER TO THE SURFACE...

Evernight Academy: an exclusive boarding school for the most beautiful, dangerous, students of all-vampires. Bianca, born to two vampires, has always been told her destiny is to become one of them.

But Bianca fell in love with Lucas-a vampire hunter sworn to destroy her kind. They were torn apart when hiss true identity was revealed, forcing him to flee the school.

Although they may be separated, Bianca and Lucas will not give each other up. She will risk anything for the chance to see him again, even if it means coming face-to-face with the vampire hunters of Black Cross-or deceiving the powerful vampires of Evernight. Bianca's secrets will force her to live a life of lies.

Yet Bianca isn't the only one keeping secrets. When Evernight is attacked by an evil force that seems to target her, she discovers the truth she thought she knew is only the beginning. . . .


Again, I did not only buy this series because of the main character's name. I actually happen to like this series.

Stargazer picks up a couple months after Evernight. It's the beginning of a new school year at Evernight Academy and Bianca is not excited for two reasons. One, she has see Mrs. Bethany again for a whole year and two, Lucas is not attending the school anymore. She's sad, distraught and is constantly thinking about him.

I understand that Bianca loves Lucas but that was all she could think about throughout the entire novel, or almost entire novel. I think Bianca could have done a lot more if she stopped thinking about him the way she did. It was just excessive.

Besides that small thing, I think Claudia Gray did a wonderful job at capturing how Bianca felt in her adventure to survive Evernight Academy and all weird things happening there. There was more to Stargazer than there was in Evernight. The plot was intense with more twists and turns after every page and the characters became more well-developed. Gray's writing flowed magically and smoother in this one. If that makes sense.

My favorite part, of maybe the entire series, would probably be Balthazar. In this novel you get to see more of Bathlazar, his background, his past and what exactly makes him, him. Balthazar would probably be my favorite character out of the rest. He sexy, sweet, smart and everything you would want in a man. I sort of wished Bianca ended up with him by the end of the novel.

Speaking of which, the end of the novel was intense! I was literally holding my breath through the whole thing, scared as to what the outcome would be. Now, even though I wasn't a fan of Bianca constantly thinking about Lucas I still loved how she becomes overjoyed whenever the do see each other. And I was glad that Bianca got to see Lucas at the end.

Overall, I thought this novel was an excellent read, better than the first and I reccomend this to anyone who is in need of a paranormal, forbidden love story.

I rate this Four Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to comment! I would love to hear your opinions about this blog!